BEFORE YOU REGISTER
Please read our Terms and Conditions
The 4-day, 100km walk kicks off with Collection Day on the Wednesday before the walk from 12:00 – 15:00. Registered walkers need to collect your official L2L T-shirts, taxi bags, sponsored items and, for first time walkers, your L2L tog bag.
Collection Day also provides an opportunity for registered walkers to meet the other walkers, as well as the L2L Committee. It is a social day and worthwhile attending.
We leave Hermanus early on the first day of the walk, Thursday. Ensure therefore, that you make the necessary travel arrangements to ensure that you sleep over in Hermanus and that your car is not left at the Meeting Point for the 3 nights while we are away.
The walk officially ends at Grotto Beach late on the Sunday afternoon. The Meeting Point is therefore different to where we end the walk.
The programme for the 4 day walk and Collection Day are available under resources.
In order to register, you will need to have the following information at hand:
- Full Name & Surname (as on your ID document)
- ID number
- Birth date – helps the system to check your ID number is correct and minimize mistakes
- Chalet / Camping – L2L uses the private chalets of owners at Die Dam resort. This means that some of the beds in the chalets are double beds and will need to be shared or, if COVID-19 regulations required, we will hire more chalets and have to limit the number of walkers per walk. Camping is in tents and you will need to bring along your own tent, mattress, etc.
- Contact details (name / cell no. / email) for your ICE (In Case of Emergency). Next of kin is preferable. If out-of-towners have a local contact, then it is useful to use this as the ICE contact.
- Medical Aid number, plan, dependent code, medical aid authorisation telephone number
- Blood type – this is critical and you will need to find out what it is if you do not know
- Chronic medication – although you take responsibility for your own medication, we need to know in case of emergency
- Profession – we’d like to know a bit more about you
If you have walked before, know which years you have walked so that you can list it. Walkers doing 5year | 10years | 15 years are legible for an award.
It is critical that walkers are fit enough to walk for 4 days, at an average of 4km per hour. The terrain includes beach sand, pebbles, gravel roads and rocks.
We can only walk as fast as the slowest walker. Our policy is to wait for every walker. However, walkers that are not fit can cause great frustration to the fitter walkers.
Your registration is only confirmed once we have received your proof of payment.
The registration fee for 2022 is R2,650.00. This payment is non-refundable and necessary to secure your place on the walk.
The bank account details are:
Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse Ladies
9310 6399 96
Reference: Full Name & Surname (Some ladies share initials and surnames)
Send proof of payment to Carien Gooding at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main purpose of Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse Ladies is to raise funds.
To this end, it is important that walkers are aware that they are required to raise a minimum of R4000. This money is paid BEFORE the start of the walk.
Walkers are encouraged to fundraise this money and to aim to raise more than the minimum amount if possible.
DEADLINES FOR PAYMENT
Walk 1: 24-27 February 2022
Payment 1 (R2000): 30 November 2021
Payment 2 (R2000+): 31 January 2022
Walk 2: 7-10 April 2022
Payment 1 (R2000): 31 January 2022
Payment 2 (R2000+): 31 March 2022
Reminders will be emailed to you closer to the deadline dates.
When completing the form you will be required to sign off on the following declaration:
- I am aware that the entry fee of R2650 is non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by L2L.
- I am aware that the dates for Walk 1 are 24-27 February 2022.
- I am aware that the dates for Walk 2 are 7-10 April 2022.
- I am aware the that the entry fee is payable to Lighthouse 2 Lighthouse Ladies | ABSA | Savings Account | Branch: Hermanus |Branch no. 632005 | Account no.: 9310 6399 96 | Reference: Full Name & Surname.
- I know that the primary purpose of this walk is fundraising and I commit to raise a minimum of R4000.
- I am committed to train to be fit enough to walk 100km over 4 consecutive days at an average speed of 4km/h over varying terrain, beach sand, pebbles, gravel roads and rocks.
- I am aware that if COVID-19 regulations limit the number of participants, then places for the walk will be allocated according to bank deposit sequence.
- I have read the above Terms & Conditions.