16 – 18 October 2020
Virtual Walk 1
While the walkers in Hermanus walk in the Fernkloof Nature reserve, you can enjoy your own 18 km hike locally.
Theme: Breast Cancer
Dress up in pink and raise awareness for this devastating cancer.
13 – 15 nOVEMBER 2020
Virtual Walk 2
While the walkers in Hermanus walk at Grootbos, you can enjoy your own hike locally.
Wear your favourite mostache while you walk and have a bit of fun.
4 – 6 December 2020
Virtual Walk 3
While the walkers in Hermanus enjoy the walk along grotto to sopie’s klip, you can enjoy your own 12km hike locally
Get the festive spirit going by dressing up in your favour red, green and white – add a bit of sparkle if you dare!
15 – 17 JANUARY 2021
Virtual Walk 4
WHILE THE WALKERS IN HERMANUS WALK IN BETTY’S BAY, YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR OWN 5 – 22 KM HIKE LOCALLY.
Theme: Fun in the Sun!
It’s January and the weather’s great – dress up in your sunny outfit and enjoy the summer weather while you walk.
how to complete a virtual walk
The main aim of the virtual walks are to raise funds. However, it also gives L2L walkers the opportunity to arrange a local walk in their community and raise awareness about l2l.
1. Register for the Virtual Walk through Quicket or by clicking on the register buttons on this page
2. Download a fitness app – such as Strava or the activity app on your phone – we simply need proof that you have walked the distance.
3. Complete the walk any time over the virtual walk weekend – make sure you do the same distance and that you track it with your fitness app
4. Take a screen shot of your completed walk on your app
5. Upload the screen shot to the L2L Facebook or Instagram page
6. Once we have checked who has completed the virtual walk, we will send you your virtual walk badge.
Still not sure? Email Esme at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Walk series
The aim of the virtual walk series is to raise funds.
- VW 1: 16 – 18 October 2020
- VW 2: 13 – 15 November 2020
- VW 3: 4 – 6 December 2020
- VW 4: 15 – 17 January 2020
Register for all 4 walks and benefit from a combo deal discount. All the monies raised will be distributed among the 11 charities that applied for funding in 2021.
Total cost: R175.00
VIRTUAL WALK PROGRAMME
Download the full programme here
We have collated all this information into an easy to use and printable .pdf. Download the document here.