FLIGHTS & TAXIs
Travel bookings and logistics are the sole responsibility of each walker and L2L Ladies Walk does not take ANY responsibility for these arrangements.
This serves as a reference point from which to make your travel arrangements.
- Book your flights ASAP – Arrival on Wednesday 11 March and departure for Monday 16 March 2020
- When you book your flight, schedule your arrival time by noon on the Wednesday afternoon
- Allow 2 hours transport/transfer time to Hermanus.
- Walkers still need to collect their carry bag / t-shirt etc. from the Collection Point
- Departure flight on Monday should factor in 2 hours travel to Cape Town International Airport
Book a shuttle service from Cape Town International Airport to Hermanus or book your rental vehicle from, Bidvest Car Rental, Avis or Hertz.
Remember: we leave at 5:15am on Thursday, so your car must be returned on Wednesday evening.
TRANSPORT / TAXI’S IN HERMANUS
Walkers without personal transport in Hermanus will need to travel in Hermanus. Uber does not operate in Hermanus (remember this is not the city). However, we have the Tuk-Tuk / Taxi service.
These trips include:
- Wednesday – travel to collect Registration Pack at the Collection Point
- Thursday – travel at 5:15 am to meet at busses for departure to starting point in L’Aghulas
- Sunday – travel from Grotto Beach back to accommodation (usually after 5pm)
- Wednesday and Sunday evening – you might want to travel into town for a meal or shopping
- We recommend 2 night stay: Wednesday and Sunday
- It is peak season in Hermanus and availability will be limited
A List of Guesthouses and B&B’s near the Hermanus CBD:
- Ocean Eleven 11 Westcliff Rd, Hermanus Phone: +27 28 312 1332; http://www.oceaneleven.co.za
- Pelagus House 11 Church St, Hermanus Phone: +27 28 312 4954; www.pelagus.co.za
- Nautilus Cottage http://www.nautiluscottage.co.za/
- Cliff Cottage 22 Westcliff Road, Hermanus; www.cliffcottage.co.za
- La Fontaine 33 Marine Dr, Hermanus; Phone: +27 28 312 4595 http://www.lafontaine.co.za
- Whale Coast Lodge 19 Flower St, Hermanus, Phone: +27 28 313 2603 http://www.whalecoastcollection.co.za/
- The Potting Shed 28 Albertyn Street, HERMANUS, Cell: 072 820 9828; https://www.thepottingshedaccommodation.co.za
- Aloe House 53 Main Rd, Hermanus, Phone: +27 82 909 6379 https://www.aloe-guest-house.co.za
- Aloe House Hermanus 53 Main Road, Hermanus; T: +27 (0) 28 313 1191 W: www.aloehousehermanus.com
- Baleia 57 Main Rd, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa; Phone: +27 28 312 2513 http://www.baleia.co.za
- Misty Waves Boutique Hotel 21 Marine Dr, Hermanus; Phone: +27 28 313 8460; http://www.hermanusmistybeach.co.za
- Hermanus Guest House 9 Marine Dr, Hermanus,; Phone: +27 28 313 1433; http://www.hermanusguesthouse.co.za
- The Windsor Hotel 49 Marine Drive, Hermanus,; Phone: +27 28 312 3727; http://windsorhotel.co.za;
- 16 Guesthouse on Main 16 Main Rd, Hermanus, Phone: +27 28 312 4644; http://www.sixteenhermanus.co.za
- Dove Cote Cottage 14 Flower St, Hermanus; Phone: +27 28 312 2915; http://www.dovecotehermanus.co.za
- Whalers B&B 8 Main Rd, Hermanus; Phone: +27 28 313 2283; www.whalers.co.za
- Lives lodge 13 Main Rd, Hermanus; Phone: +27 28 313 0026; http://liveseylodge.co.za
- Zoete Inval Traveller’s Lodge 23 Main Rd, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa Phone: +27 28 312 1242
- Hermanus Backpackers; 26 Flower St, Hermanus, Phone: +27 28 312 4293; http://hermanusbackpackers.co.za