Online registration opens: Tuesday, 1 September 2020 at 09:00
The Official Lighthouse to Lighthouse Charity Walk 2021 will be on
Thursday, 18 February 2021 to Sunday, 21 February 2021.
However, given the restrictions in terms of the COVID-19 pandemic,on numbers of participants in group events, we MIGHT have to limit the number of participants on this walk to 50. Should this happen, then we will hold a SECOND walk and simply work on a first come, first serve basis.
If necessary, then the SECOND walk will be held on
Thursday, 13 May 2021 to Sunday, 16 May 2021.
Please reserve these two sets of dates in your calendar.
As soon as we are clear on whether a second walk is required, we will communicate this to everyone.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE ONLINE REGISTRATION
The process is as follows:
- Step 1 – Applicant completes the online registration
- Step 2 – Applicant receives a L2L email to acknowledge receipt of registration. Payment details are sent in email as well as instructions to download and sign Ts & Cs.
- Step 3 – Applicant pays R2500 non-refundable registration fee using full name & surname reference in email.
- Step 4 – Applicant sends proof of payment AND signed Ts&Cs back to email@example.com
- Step 5 – L2L emails applicant confirming that you are now registered
In order to complete the registration form online, please ensure that you have the following information on hand:
- ID number or passport number
- Contact details – your full name and surname (as it stands on your ID document); cell number; full physical adddress
- Additional contact number (we need another telephone number, not just your cell number)
- Accommodation – are you prepared to share? Would you like to camp?
- T-shirt size (if we are able to get a sponsor for next year)
- Emergency Contact Information – relationship (e.g. husband or friend), name, cell number and email address
- Doctor – name and emergency contact number
- Medial aid details – name of medical aid, number, plan description and contact number
- Blood type
- Chronic medication
You will also need to acknowledge reading the Terms and Conditions, namely:
- I am aware that the entry fee of R2500 is non refundable
- I know that the primary purpose of this Walk is fundraising. I commit to raise a minimum of R4000 (in addition to the entry fee) and I will abide by the deadlines of 30 November 2020 for the first R2000 and 31 January 2021 for the rest.
- I am committed to train to be fit to walk 100km over 4 days at an average speed of 4km/h over varying terrain, beach, pebbles, gravel roads, rocks etc.
This is the 16th year that the walk is being arranged. The registration form has been developed to ensure that the committee has all the essential information needed for the duration of the weekend and in case of emergencies. Your registration cannot be completed if you cannot fill in all the necessary fields.
Please feel free to contact us should anything be unclear – firstname.lastname@example.org