During the 4 day annual L2L Ladies Walk, all participants will reside in privately owned beach cottages at Die Dam Holiday Resort, situated between Cape Agulhas and Pearly Beach. Each walkers’ Entry fee covers the cost to rent the chalets for the 3-night stay.
The chalets vary in size and design:
- It can accommodate from 2 – 6 walkers per chalet
- Each one offers basic amenities such as a fridge, microwave, kettle and two-plate stove which walkers may use as long as it is cleaned afterwards
- Each chalet has one bathroom that consists of a shower, toilet and basin which are available to the walkers.
- Walkers are required to keep the chalets clean and not make use of any privately owned equipment or utensils in the chalet.
- Rooms consist of a combination of beds, such as single / double /bunk beds
- Double beds are shared to maximise the accommodation capacity
Each walker will be allocated a chalet by the L2L Ladies Walk Accommodation officer. Groups of registered walkers can place a request for friends/family to be placed together in a chalet before the Walk. Requests will be accommodated as far as possible.
Die Dam Holiday resort also offers camping facilities with an ablution block in the centre of the camp. Should a walker request to camp, it is the responsibility of the walker to provide all the camping equipment and set-up her camp site the day before the Walk commences or on the afternoon of Day 1.