The dates for the 2020 L2L walk are:
Thursday 12 March 2020 to Sunday 15 March 2020
Online Registration Date: 19 August 2019
Apply to be our Charity of Choice for the 2020 Lighthouse2Lighthouse Walk
Every year the Lighthouse2Lighthouse ladies raise money for worthwhile local charities with every step they take.
Following our successful 2019 walk, which raised over R677 677 to buy a bus for Camphill School, the Lighthouse2Lighthouse ladies are striving for new heights in 2020.
In order to select their Charity of Choice for next year’s Walk, the L2L committee is inviting interested NGOs/charities to submit a written proposal for consideration.
L2L encourages all Non-Profit/ Public Benefit organisations situated within the Overstrand municipal district to apply for the funds which will be raised during the 2020 Lighthouse2Lighthouse Ladies Walk. Applications open at the beginning of June 2019 and charities are required to compile a one-page summary of a proposed project.
The closing date for applications is 10 June.
After the closing date, the L2L Ladies Walk committee will study each application according to the selection criteria set out in the Lighthouse2Lighthouse Ladies NPO Constitution. Applicants should:
- Provide an NPO certificate, PBO and Section 18A reference number issued by the Commissioner of SARS.
- Propose a viable, realistic project with detailed planning and dates. This project must be completed within the year of receiving the funding. Funding will not be provided for the running costs of the NPO.
- Own the necessary property and have approved building plans if the request for funds is for a building project.
- Show proof of fundraising efforts for this project.
- Indicate a specific target group and size of the group for the proposed project.
- Indicate the community area that will benefit from this project.
- Indicate sustainability of the project and charity as a whole, e.g. how will the organisation continue with this project or maintain the building, vehicles, etc.
- Provide a SARS Tax Clearance Certificate for the previous financial year.
- Provide an up-to-date financial statement.
Applications must be submitted to the L2L coordinator, Ronel Van Zyl at email@example.com, by no later than 10 June 2019.